From the North American Students of Cooperation:
Looking for a summer gig?
Work at a co-op this summer.
NASCO is accepting applications for paid summer internships with cooperative organizations across the United States. NASCO’s Cooperative Internship Network connects talented, up-and-coming cooperators with established cooperative organizations, supporting the exchange of cooperative knowledge while building careers for young cooperators.
Since the 1980s, this program has provided organizations with qualified interns while building the skills and knowledge of new generations of leaders. To learn more about the program and open positions, please see below or explore our website. Applications are due Sunday, March 26, 2017.
Who can apply?
The following individuals are eligible to participate in the Internship Network:
- Current members of NASCO Active Member cooperatives
- Former members of NASCO Active Member cooperatives who were members in the past 3 years
- Current, dues-paying Individual Members of NASCO
- NASCO Institute 2012-2016 attendees
- Individuals who are sponsored by a NASCO Associate Member organization
Additionally, since each of this year’s positions are located in the United States, interns must possess legal eligibility to work in the United States. NASCO and our host organizations do not have the means or expertise to assist applicants with visa applications.
How do I apply?
To be considered for a position, you will need to fill out an online application, which includes:
- Short- and long-form responses
- Description of experience
- Statement of internship preferences
- Short statements of interest for individual internship
- Résumé (upload)
- Three references
After applying, your materials will be sent to internship hosts, who will contact you for an interview if selected. If they chose to hire you, you will be notified by April 14, 2017.